First off, this is not my first time here as this used to be one of my layover hotels when I was still flying. The location was perfect for exploring the city, just down the road from the bus station, surrounded by amazing range of local shops and restaurants, and within walking distance to places with historical significance. It was a great decision on our part to stay here during our vacation in Saigon, and we're very glad we did.
The hotel's exterior may look ordinary but once you walk into the lobby you'll appreciate its elegant interior. Designed to impress, it was created with high glass doorways and walls and high ceilings with huge glass dome and towering columns.
Residence Club Room
The room that we booked is a Residence Club Room with an access to Club Lounge. Part of its benefits are the following:
- Breakfast, afternoon tea, all-day refreshment and evening cocktails served in Residence Club Living Room
- WIFI and wired broadband Internet access in guestroom and the Residence Club Living Room
- Express check-in and check-out service
- Use of conference room/meeting area in the Residence Club Living Room for two hours per day
- Use of printing and faxing services in the Business Center for up to 20 pages per day
- Use of computer in Business Center for 30 minutes
- Welcome fruit on arrival
- Pressing services: one suite or one item per stay
- Local phone calls (not applicable for mobile phone calls)
- Late 4 p.m. check-out with one day's advance notice (subject to availability)
Our room has one king size bed (and an extra bed that we requested for my mom). The room has simple decor with cream and light brown colours; and with lots of light hues, it made the room look spacious and clean. Additionally, the room features complimentary WiFi access, 42’ LCD TV with international channels, large working desk, IDD phone with voice message box, coffee and tea maker and a mini-bar. It has marble bathroom with single sink vanity, walk-in shower room, bathtub and full set of high quality Elemis toiletries.
This is where we hang out whenever we come back to the hotel after exploring the city. The lounge area is big, it offers a good view of the city and the quality of the food is great. It serves breakfast, afternoon tea & snacks and light dinner for Club guests and members.
View from Club Lounge
The hotel's leisure area include a 301 sq. m lake shaped swimming pool, floodlit tennis court, mini herb garden and a pool bar, all located on the 2nd floor.
New World Hotel's perfect location in District 1 gives its guests the convenience of just walking to all the essential places that the area offers, such as restaurants, beauty spas, retail shops and historical sites. Here are the places that we visited by foot when we were there:
Ben Thanh Market
War Remnants Museum
Central Post Office
As always, we are quite pleased with our stay at New World Hotel in Saigon. It has the best location, nicest staff, delicious food and comfortable room. We highly recommend this hotel to everyone visiting Saigon be it for business or leisure.